Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Balk Time

Well here we are, down 3-0 as I seriously figured would happen the exact night these same lightning beat the pens 8-2. I knew any team that could put up 8 on blysmas defense would be a very tough out and things were lining up for them to be our next opponent. Anyway, here's more stupid stuff from Burny:

YAY LINK

There are few less inviting places than the locker room of a team down 3-0 in a best-of-seven playoff series.

Um, hell? How about, that compound bin laden was chillin' in? Actually, that was probably rather inviting I would presume. What else lets see, downtown Detroit? Or whichever part was the bad part. Or you know, the Congo or some shit.

There are brave faces and fearless talk, but everywhere is the feel of despair. 

That does sound pretty bad.

It was so Wednesday morning in the Washington Capitals' locker room even though there were only a handful of players available, given the team's 4-3 loss against the Tampa Bay Lightning the previous night.

IT WAS SO! Oh Hamletchkin, please save us! This day, for sooth, we find ourselves, that which much forever I, so there I sat. Only a handful of players? What the hell? You guys up so late partying after that rough game? Samplin the bay nightlife?

Caps coach Bruce Boudreau said it's important to look not at the big picture but at the first step.
"You don't think of it as four, think of it as one," he said. "Four seems like a daunting task; one doesn't seem as daunting. Then, if you get successful, you just think of one more. I don't want it to become more than it is. We're all adults and know what the situation is. I mean, we don't have to wake up and go, 'Holy smokes, we've got to play better.' But I have addressed it this morning to everybody. And to the leaders particularly, but not individually, as a group."

I'm almost getting worn out making fun of this guy. Holy smokes indeed. Don't worry everyone, he addressed it now!


We saw defenseman Mike Green walk into the rink this morning, and he seemed to be limping after suffering a lower-body injury in Game 3. He missed almost all of the third period of the 4-3 loss.
Boudreau would not say whether Green would be in the lineup for Game 4.
"I'm not going to talk too much about injuries today. We'll see who's out there tonight," Boudreau said.


Green however was asked later and provided extensive detail: 'yeah you know, mostly this migrane, really its just ringing in my ears man, and I swear I got some kind of blood circulation thing because my feet are like, freezing at all times! And what else, oh shit, yeah my fibula broke, both of em! I don't even remember, might have been from juniors you know bro?'

The coach said he would not consider making a goaltending change even though he said after Game 3 that he thought Michal Neuvirth wasn't great on a couple of Lightning goals. Then, when asked this morning whether Neuvirth was going to start, Boudreau waffled.

He fucking waffled?! Burny, now we all know the gentleman has a SLIGHT weight problem, but there is absolutely no reason to crack waffle jokes at a time like this.

"Maybe. I'm not going to talk about players," he said. 

Wait, didn't he just say his goalie sucked?

One area the Caps must address is the team's play in the third period.  

Gee wiz! Guys, you really need to listen to Burny here! He knows! I mean, the third period even?!? Have you gone mad man?!?

The team has taken just five shots in the third period of each of the three games against the Lightning. In Game 3, the Caps blew a 3-2 lead, allowing two Tampa goals in 24 seconds, and lost for the first time this season when leading after two periods.
"Well, it seems to be a point of contention for us right now," Boudreau said. "It's something obviously that's a flag, and we have to change it."

Ha ha! Now, down 3-0, he's going to change it. Thanks Bruce, any new commercials?

Boudreau bristled when asked whether he thought his job was in jeopardy, given the 3-0 deficit.
"Listen, you guys have been asking me that. But what, is your job on the line? Well then, I don't know how to answer that," he said. "Stupid question. Stupid."

Bristle, huch huch, that sounds like brisket! Boy I love me some brisket!

I really think the only way his job could be on the line if they lose tonight, then its a possibility. Anyway fuck off and die everyone ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment